Saturday 25 February 2017

Soft Vellum Avant Garden

Today's project is a little different as it is a 4 x 4" card, and uses vellum to produce a water-coloured effect, but by painting from the back. I have used the Avant Garden Stamp Set from the Sale-a-Bration catalogue, inked with Memento Tuxedo Black and then left to make sure it is really, really dry before flipping it over and adding some colour with Stampin' Write Markers, I moved the colour around with the smaller Aqua Painter until I was happy with the effect.


Once the vellum piece was dry I added some Fast Fuse to the top and bottom of the whisper white and then used this to wrap the vellum round the card. This means that there is no sign of adhesive through the Vellum, which can be a problem with this.


A piece of the Sale-a-Bration Metallic Ribbon, a few dimensionals to attach it to the card base, and it is done.

I love the effect that this gives, so soft and subtle.

I hope you enjoyed this and will give it a go yourselves. If you need any of the supplies, please hop over to my online store and fill that bag with lots of pretty things.

Dimensions:
Card base - 4 x 8" (10 x 20 cm) folded in half to make a square card
Whisper White - 3-3/4 x 3/34" (9.5 x 9.5 cm)
Vellum – 3-3/4 x 5-3/4” (14.5 x 9.5 cm)






No comments:

Post a Comment