Monday 30 January 2017

Woo Hoo - Jumping around like a child!! Global Design Project Challenge #GDP072

I am thrilled and amazed to announce that I was one of the winners in the last Global Design Project Challenge with my Box of Bugs Project (click here to see it). I heard first thing this morning when one of the other Demonstrators in the Team sent me a message; I am still jumping up and down like a kid!

This week's challenge is to CASE (Copy and Selectively Edit) the Designer, in this case the amazing Krista Fratin. I always find it a little difficult when it comes to these types of project, trying not to be too influenced by the original, after all that is not the point of these Challenges. The point is to use the original as inspiration only.


As I am going through a phase of revisiting the wonderful Annual Catalogue, I was determined to make product in that the main focus of my project for today. I managed pretty well, only using one die from the new Spring/Summer Catalogue. The Products were from the Jar of Love Bundle. I looked at the sentiment 'You fill me with Happiness' and thought how appropriate it was for me today, so that was the launch pad for this project. I used Very Vanilla as the background and then did some 2 step stamping in So Saffron, added a die cut band from the So Detailed Thinlits set, also in So Saffron, then did some stamping on vellum for the small jar and bug (I am clearly in a bit of a 'bug rut' at the moment!). I mounted the Very Vanilla onto Soft Suede (a favourite of mine) and that was me done.

I am really pleased with how this has turned out, Simple, but, hopefully, effective. I hope you like it too.

If you need any of the products, just pop over to my online shop, and remember that during Sale-a-Bration, ever £45 (excl P&P) of pruduct you buy will qualify you for a FREE item from the Sale-a-bration catalogue.

3 comments:

  1. Yellow always reminds me of a country colour. Pairing it the mason jar is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krista. Thank you for having a look. I love your original project. x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful yellow! I love the delicate band. Thanks for playing along with this week's CASE the Designer Challenge at the Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete