Tuesday 31 January 2017

Valentine's Day is just around the corner!

Maybe its because I spend most of my time making cards and other papercraft projects and am working some days or weeks in advance, I sometimes forget occasions that I really shouldn't.

My husband and I have been together for nearly 25 years, and he is really good a remembering important dates and sorting out really lovely cards for them (I accept he buys his, rather than makes them - one day I will get him to make a card!!). I think it may be because I know that I can make a card for pretty much any occasion without having to leave home, that I just don't think ahead in the same way, unless it is for my wonderful job.


But this time I have remembered, I mean, how could I not when there are fantastic love themed suites to choose from. Our anniversary is in late November, and as I am a Demonstrator AND I went to the Stampin' Up! convention in early November, I got to order the Falling in Love Suite early, so could make an Anniversary Card with that, so for Valentine's Day, I am using the Sending Love Suite, which is perfect with the clean lines of Real Red and Whisper White throughout.



I have used a different card base for this special card. This is an Accordion Fold using a piece of 12 x 12 Real Red, trimmed to 8-1/4 x 12 (cut at 21 cm for metric users) scored at 4 and 8" (10.25 and 20.5 cm). I then measured up 4" on the left and trimmed across from this mark to the fold at 8" to get the zig zag.

The card was decorated with lots of the papers and die cuts and I added some Red Glimmer Paper into the mix. I embossed the Whisper White card that I used on the back piece, using the Falling Petals Embossing folder. As this is not as long as the card piece, I hid the join with some of the narrow Real Red Ribbon and then stamped below it.

I made the Envelope using the Envelope Punch Board and the Real Red Envelope Paper that is currently in the Clearance Rack (#139604) at an amazing £2.20 for 20 sheets of 12 x 12, I mean come on, that is less than half price, and perfect for your handmade Valentine's that may not be a 'standard' size. I decorated the front of the envelope using the Heart Confetti Border Punch and then added a few small areas of stamping front and back.

I hope hubby likes it (and doesn't read this post before 14th February!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment