Friday 17 February 2017

Sending Love Challenge

Well, Valentine's day is now behind us, and I hope you all received lots of Happy Mail (or just the one you really, really wanted!!). But now what do we do with all those lovey dovey supplies? Well I am going to see just how many ideas I can come up with using just the Sealed with Love stamps, Love Notes Framelits and Sending Love Designer Series Paper. Over the next few weeks, once a week, I will post an idea using these supplies as the focal point for the project. I am hoping that this will help you either get the most out of the sets that you are now wondering why you bothered getting for just one card (I do get that in the USA you send Valentine cards to pretty much the whole world and his mother, but in the UK, it is still uncommon to send more than one, or maybe two). I may even tempt you into getting the sets just so you can replicate these awesome projects!! You never know.


Today's project is probably the easiest concept, but a good jumping off point none the less. One of the challenges I have planned for my Team (Team watch out for this one!) is to stack up all your ink pads in the colour families and then chose five colours and a neutral at random. The way I do this is to put mine in my Colour Caddy in their families, with the In Colours randomly placed. I then write down five colours and a Neutral: Regal 10 and 6, Neutral 2, Brights 5 and 12 and Subtles 7. I then count down the colour families and pull that ink pad, if a column doesn't have the full set, I just go back to the top and continue counting. As I have no strict order for my ink pads, I have no idea which colours will come out. Today is Rose Red, Crushed Curry, Basic Grey, Pumpkin Pie, Wisteria Wonder and Calypso Coral (which for some reason was in with the Brights!!)


I just played with the order of these until I was happy, and then stamped using the same paint brush stamp in a little diagonal. Sentiment at the bottom, an Enamel Shape in each of the colours next to the sentiment, mat on Pumpkin Pie (only because I have lots left over from Halloween) and we are done.

And do you know what? I love it! I would never have chosen those colours to put together, but they kind of work.

Why don't you have a go at this challenge and see what you come up with (use any stamp set you have). I would love to see your projects, so why not post them on my Facebook Page?

Now what shall I come up with using these supplies for next week?? Come back to find out.

2 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea!! I usually make all the Birthday cards that my Mum needs for the year in January, but, this year I just didn't have/haven't had any inspiration. Now I do. Thank you Liz :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to help Audrey. I think this will become a 'go to' idea for me, and you can make it appropriate for the recipient just by changing the colours.

      Delete