Monday 13 February 2017

Global Design Challenge Time - #GDP074

I do love a Monday morning, and I know there are not many people who can say that! Being my own boss helps, but the main reason I love Mondays is that it is time for another Global Design Challenge, and for me that means challenging myself to getting my submission designed and posted within 2 hours of knowing what the challenge will be; I may just make it this week.

This week we have a Sketch Challenge, so other than taking a very basic design and making it our own, there really are very few limitations, which in a way is a bit harder as you have ALL of your supplies to work with. The sketch for this week is this one:


I have taken this quite literally this week, even down to using the same shape of label at the top of the card. There is a bit of a trick to this as the die is much shorter than I have cut it, so I had to place my top cutting plate so it did not cut the whole design, which then meant I could extend this element to be as long as I wanted. I used the next size up to cut some of the beautiful Red Glimmer Paper. In fact, this whole project has ended up as an example of how wonderfully Stampin' Up! colours match across the product range. I have used Real Red, as a bit of a nod to Valentine's Day, in the Card Mat, the Ink, the Designer Series Paper, the ribbon and the Enamel Shapes.


I also used the Real Red Watercolour Pencil for the Ladybirds, I had originally used the Stampin Marker, but felt that made the image look a little flat, but I am really pleased with the softer image you get with these fabulous pencils, just use a Blender Pen to get the watercolour look.


I hope you enjoy this card, it really took no time to put together, in fact I think it took longer to take the photos!!


6 comments:

  1. beautiful card Liz ..well done you , hugs x Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda. Monday is the only day I post 'live' so I can enter the GDP Challenge, which I love as it makes me work fast and to a deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Liz. I love the fun addition of the glimmer paper. Thanks so much for sharing your talents and joining in with this week's Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Jess. I am really enjoying these challenges. They get my creative juices flowing.

    ReplyDelete