Saturday 28 January 2017

Celebrate a Birthday

I always think that I am one of the luckiest people to have a job I love so much, but there are lots of practical advantages too. Obviously doing something I really enjoy has to be at the top of the list, followed by meeting lots of other crafty people, both team members and customers, and that I always learn something from those encounters. But it is also a joy to be able to make cards for people with that individual in mind. Don't get me wrong, there are sometimes when the same card is ideal for more than one person, such as the card I made recently with the Beautiful You set, but sometimes you want to start from scratch.

Because I am a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I may have many more stamp sets than most people, and that is possible because I get my SU products at a discount, and would even if I had decided not to run workshops and make videos, being a Hobby Demo still qualifies you to get products at a discount.

So, when I realised that I had forgotten that one of my neighbours is celebrating a birthday in a couple of days, I could look at the stamps I have and select the perfect ones for a card for her; Happy Celebrations (with the matching Debossing Folders) and Balloon Adventures. The Party Animal Designer Series Paper colours inspired the colour scheme, and a small piece of the paper features on the card too. 


I pulled Balloon Adventures because I wanted to use one of the sentiments inside the card, but then a couple of others caught my eye. As I had finished the card, I wondered how I could incorporate them into it. Whilst I was thinking, I pulled out out a Whisper White Envelope and suddenly remembered that these are perfect for stamping on, so 'Open Me Already' went on the back and a two step stamped balloon on the front; I was happy.


I think these stamp sets are perfect for someone new to stamping; Happy Celebrations covers so many occasions and has some background stamps too, but if you add Balloon Adventures you add a bit of 'Party' to these occasions, just by adding a Balloon or two. Between them they will be work horses for many years to come, and that is what you need if you are only able to have a few sets. Just add a couple of ink pads and some cardstock and you are good to go.

I sometimes think that we offer so many choices that it can be a bit daunting for people who want to put a toe in the water. Over the next few weeks I will be having a look at some options that new stampers may want to have a look at, considering those on a limited budget and those with a little more to spend, or items new stampers may wish to add to a basic kit.

Anyway, I hope you like this card, and remember that the envelope gives you even more stamping real estate to look at!

No comments:

Post a Comment