Thursday 24 November 2016

Tea Bag Gift Box

Don't you just love cute little boxes that turn something 'everyday' into a real treat for someone?



This is the basis for the gift sets I am putting together for a friend of mine. She and a few friends exchange 'bits of nonsense' each Christmas and she is running out of ideas so asked if I could help by putting lots of little bits together in a larger Gift Box. So the challenge was issued and the gauntlet thrown down and this is the second item I have put together for her.



I really like Fruit Teas, well some of them, but they have to be a definite flavour and steeped for a very long time, preferably in an insulated mug with the bag left in until the last sip. So I thought it would be fun to box up a few of these using paper that matches the wrapper of the bag. The first one I made was to go with Taylors 'Sweet Rhubarb', so an almost exact match to Sweet Sugarplum, and the second was 'Spiced Apple'. I did cheat slightly with this as the nearest match was probably Cajun Craze, but I wanted to use Christmas Designer Series Paper, so went with Cherry Cobbler instead; I think it works, but what do you think?

I hope you enjoy the video that goes with this.

Remember that the Online Extravaganza is running until Monday, 28th November, so don't miss out on all the great deals, including some items up to 40% off. There are even some Christmas items discounted. So pop on over to my shop now and fill that bag with Lots of Lovely Things!

Measurements:

Imperial -
Card – 7-3/4 x 5-1/4
Score on Long Edge at – 3-1/3, 3-5/8, 6-3/4 and 7-1/4
Score on one short edge at – ½ and 1
Score at other short edge at – ½

Final Measurements – 3-3/4 x 3-1/8 x ½

Metric -
Card – 20 x 13.5cm
Score on Long Edge at – 8, 9.5, 17.5 and 19cm
Score on one short edge at – 1.5 and 3cm
Score at other short edge at – 1.5cm


Final Measurements – 9.5 x 8 x 1.5cm


No comments:

Post a Comment