Monday 27 March 2017

Two Minds Think Alike for the Global Design Project GDP080

With the clocks having changed in the UK over the weekend, the information about the new Global Design Project Challenge came out an hour later than in the past few weeks, so I had a bit of time to think about what projects I might work on this week and was looking for some inspiration.


It also gave me time to be a little domestic (which I am so bad at!), so put some laundry away, that should have been put away over the weekend. One of the items was a pair of my socks, and I thought what a great colour combination they are, never mind how cute they are too! To me they are Melon Mambo, Crumb Cake, Soft Sky and Whisper White.


Imagine my surprise when the colours that the fantastic Louise Sharp had chose in her 'Case the Designer' Project were the same, but with the addition of So Saffron and Pear Pizzazz! The Jar of Love stamp set was already on my desk for me to make a project this week, so time to create!


Never one to be too modest, I am really pleased with how this came together, particularly how the flower stems run straight into the jar, even though some are flat stamped images and some are die cuts. I also love how repeats of the hessian stamp (burlap if you are in the US) can work as a background for the strip across the middle of the card.

So a good start to the week for me.

Remember that Sale-a-Bration finishes on Friday, so there really is very little time left to get your FREE items. As at 11.30 British Summer Time, there are two SAB items that are low in stock; the Amazing Glimmer Paper Assortment (#143831) and the Seaside Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (SAB Special #147360). Remember that for the latest editions to the FREE ITEMS, which are also Catalogue Items, you MUST use the SAB Item Number, these are listed below.

Another thing to remember is that if any of the current Bundle Items carry over, they will NOT be available as Bundles, so if you want the Bundle DISCOUNT, you will need to buy them from my online store before the end of May, so why not get them now and also get some FREE items from Sale-a-Bration? The Jar of Love Bundle will get you a FREE Item, so that is a double saving!!







8 comments:

  1. The Jar of Love set is what I automatically thought of when I saw the challenge. Lovely to see your ideas. I really like how your card turned out, especially how you made the background!! Marvelous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. This project was one that just got the creative juices going quickly. I love these challenges. Lx

      Delete
  2. Awesome Liz! Wow you whipped up this card in no time. Well done. So glad you could play along with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie. I love these challenges, they really set me up for the week. I could not believe that the colour choice was so close to what I was intending to use at some point today anyway, and the stamp set was in the pile ready for this week too! Sometimes things just fall into place. Thank you for bring these to us. Lx

      Delete
  3. Such a wonderful card Liz. Love your take on Louise's card and where your colour inspiration came from - goes to show inspiration is all around us. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I really enjoyed taking part.

      Delete
  4. Hi Liz! Your card is GORGEOUS and I'm so grateful you played along and CASEd me this week for the Global Design Project. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise. Thank you so much! I really enjoyed CASEing your card, it was great fun.

      Delete