Saturday 18 March 2017

Pun Intended - CASEing the Demo Magazine

I have mentioned it before, but the exclusive magazine that Demonstrators get once a quarter, Stampin' Success, is a wonderful resource for lots of things, including some inspiration, so when I saw a project that was featured using the Pun Intended Hostess stamp set, I just knew I needed to have a go at reproducing it with some of my favourite Designer Series Papers.

In the video I made a version that is very close to the original, but replacing the 'Pop of Pink' papers with 'Urban Underground' for a truly masculine look.


I really like this version, but I also wanted to create a feminine version, so made it again with 'Festive Birthdays' papers and Pumpkin Pie as the base, which is not actually in the specific papers I chose, but does feature on others in this suite, so I knew it would 'work'; Stampin' Up! just make it so easy to succeed!!




Did you know that you cannot buy Hostess stamp sets? These are only available if you have Stampin' Rewards, which you earn either through placing an order over £150 (plus P&P) yourself, or by hosting a Party where you and your friends get to 'play' with some of the products and place orders - as the Hostess, if the orders on the night are at least £150, you get the Stampin' Rewards to spend on anything you want in the catalogue. If you chose one of the Hostess stamp sets you get really great value for money, because they are subsidised by Stampin' Up!. If you were able to buy the 'Pun Intended' set as a regular stamp set, it would cost £14.00, but as a Hostess set, you would only use £8.50 of your rewards, so would have more to spend on other goodies.

Remember that until the end of March you can get EXTRA Stampin' Rewards if your order, or the total at a party, are over £200. Stampin' Up! will give you the usual % amount PLUS and EXTRA £20. If you are thinking about hosting a Stampin' Up! Party and are within an hour of Abingdon, contact me NOW to get a date in the diary. Don't worry if your friends have little or no crafting experience, they will still love the event, and we may convert them when they see just how easy Stampin' Up! make it to create wonderful projects.

I hope you like the project. If you want to see more of my videos, please subscribe to my YouTube Channel.




Dimensions
Card base - 12 x 6" (30.5 x 15.25 cm) folded in half
Designer Series Paper - 5 x 5" (12.5 x 12.5 cm) and 3-3/4 x 3-3/4" (10 x 10 cm)
Solid card frame - 4-1/8 x 4-1/8" (10.5 x 10.5 cm)
Stamping cardstock - 2-1/2 x 2-1/2 (6.5 x 6.5 cm) plus a scrap

No comments:

Post a Comment