Thursday 22 December 2016

Quick Christmas Card and Date Reminder

A very quick post today, mostly to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. But this would not be a post from me without a quick project too, so here is a little bit of inspiration in case you need some last minute Christmas Cards and you are pretty much out of Christmas supplies.


This card uses the two weights of Whisper White Cardstock we do, plus a feature colour matt, in this case, Mint Macaron. The image of the row of trees is stamped three times from one inking of the stamp, so one full strength, and the other two, off set and moved up the cardstock, using the residual ink, so the final one is very feint. This helps to give a sense of depth of field to the card. The single tree on the left is stamped in Versamark and then heat embossed with Silver powder, a sentiment is added on the left in Emerald Envy and it is done. I love the final effect that the three generations of ink gives and ink it makes a perfect Christmas card.


I then started playing with other colours, using up some bits and pieces of card I had in my off-cuts bag and I think these are perfect for Thank You cards, which we all be needing in a few days! These are made using Soft Suede (with Kraft matt), Smoky Slate (with Basic Grey Matt), Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach and Marina Mist (these are all on the matching colour matt). The sentiment is from the Floral Phrases stamp set.


I love all of these and hope you do too.

I hope you are enjoying these projects. If you are, then why not subscribe to my blog so you don't miss anything. If you enjoy the videos you should also subscribe to my YouTube channel so you are alerted to any new projects I have put together for you.

Remember that on 4th January the Spring/Summer Catalogue goes live, as does Sale-A-Bration. So do pop back to see projects using the new products. I have family staying from tomorrow, so am not sure when I will be able to join you again, but with luck I will have some sneak peaks for you before the go live date.

No comments:

Post a Comment