Tuesday 10 January 2017

Necessity is the Mother of Invention - Global Design Project 069



This week the Challenge on the Global Design Project Website is to design a project using these colours:




Now this caused me a little concern, as I don't own an ink pad or a marker pen in Delightful Dijon, so it was going to be time to think a little outside the box.

I had a look at some of the Stampin' Up! papers I have got to see which included Delightful Dijon, and the first one that sprung to mind was the Serene Scenery Stack, which I love, but always seem to forget about. Then I remembered that the Presents and Pinecones Christmas papers had Delightful Dijon in too, so I had a look to see what I had left that I could use for this project and found the perfect one to use as a matt. I chose one of the papers from the Serene Scenery Stack and then thought of the Wetlands Stamp set as an ideal partner with the pattern I had chosen.


I brought out my VersaMark re-inker and a cotton bud and 'scribbled' some re-inker lightly across the paper and then heat embossed with Silver Embossing Powder; this gave the exact look I wanted of light shimmering on the water in a marshland. Then I stamped the birds in Stazon, added some ribbon and a sentiment, some silver foil for the matt and I was good to go.



Ah, but I hear you ask, are the matts meant to be askew? They are indeed. I actually like it sometimes when things are not perfectly lined up; I think it gives more movement to the finished project. Oh, and which colour did I add? Island Indigo, both as the base for the card and as the main colour in the patterned paper.


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Liz! I love the silver used as water. You did a fabulous job of joining in and meeting the challenge without any Delightful Dijon ink! Thanks so much for joining in with this week's Global Design Project and sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! I almost gave this a miss, but I loved playing with my stash to see what I could find to meet the challenge.

      Delete
  2. Yes! Island Indigo is a great choice for this challenge. Love the way you've combined these colors and images. Thanks for playing with us at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shawn. Thanks for your kind comments. I am really enjoying taking part in the challenges, they push me to thinking in a different way.

      Delete
  3. Liz, Indigo works wonderfully with the color combo! Thank-you for playing along with the GDP - Krista from Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kirsty, thank you for your kind comments. I am really enjoying the challenges;they are making me try so many new techniques.

      Delete